Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read an article about how sleeper positioners are not recommended.

I changed my mind about getting the crib on Craigs List...I'm concerned about bedbugs and I'm not taking any chances.

I'm not getting any clothing or diapers at all until I deliver and see what size I need. Easy enough for my husband to do when I'm in the hospital - the city is swarming with baby stores, and my sister and my best friend will do and get whatever we need. My sister is already amassing a collection of stuff but I told her she cannot discuss it with me until at least 32 weeks, and she can't give me any of the stuff until I deliver. She way gets it. She miscarried (between her two kids) at 17 weeks. There are no guarantees until the baby is born.

Comment

Yeah, plus the hospital will load you up with diapers if you ask. I think we got a 2 week supply from them.

And they also gave us clothes (little shirts) for baby to wear, as the umbilical cord stump is still tender.

My friend bought me a cute premie outfit for going home, and gave it to me when she came to visit us at the hospital. (Same friend that gave me that sleep positioner thing to use while at the hospital).

I didn't pack anything for baby in my hospital bag. And turns out, she didn't need anything, and anything that she truly needed, the hospital supplied.
      ~AmandaLeigh~
      I love you Nathan!
      "So may the sunrise bring hope where it once was forgotten."

Comment

I really don't want visitors at the hospital. I will strongly discourage it. Actually I won't tell anybody but my closest people that I delivered, until we're home.

I still haven't told lots of people I"m even pregnant. I feel it's a private matter unless there is a reason to tell someone, or unless they see me and it's obvious.

Comment

Bought this today on Craigs List...couldn't help myself. It's for upstate for the beginning...did not take the mattress for fear of bedbugs. Will buy a new mattress for it.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/bab/2045228462.html

Comment

DS,
            Looks like you got a great deal.
            Chris
            HW 225~SW 205~CW 139~GW 132 BMI 26.3
            DS - Dr Rabkin - Surgery 4/17/08
            PS in Monterrey Jan 13, 2011 with Dr Sauceda

Comment

We picked it up last night. It's essentially brand new - looks completely unused.

Comment

What a steal! Sometimes it just happens that way.
                Chris
                HW 225~SW 205~CW 139~GW 132 BMI 26.3
                DS - Dr Rabkin - Surgery 4/17/08
                PS in Monterrey Jan 13, 2011 with Dr Sauceda

Comment

just a thought

Originally posted by GeekCachet
                  I bought Pampers Swaddlers for newborns and one pack of small Kirkland brand diapers. Found wipes on clearance. The rest I'll deal with later
                  That's a good idea. Since your skin is so sensitive (or even if it wasn't), there's always the very real possibility of Bing being allergic to certain diapers and/or wipes. So trying them out before stocking up is smart.

Comment

FYI, I have been told by several people, including a friend who is a pediatrician, not to use any baby wipes of any kind for the first month. Just paper towels or large cotton squares or cloths with water. My sister kept a little squirt bottle with water in it next to the changing table for that purpose.

MB did you pick your pediatrician yet? We have it narrowed down to two practices, going to interview both in early December.
                    Last edited by DS2000; November 13th, 2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I bought fabulous black stretchy pants, on sale for $19, from Destination Maternity last week. Lived in them all weekend, and they even look decent. They might have them on line... ?

Comment

As fate would have it, we found the Stokke crib we wanted on Craigs List, not far from our apartment, in the color we wanted, for the right price. Picked it up last night and put it in the basement. Whew! The list is getting shorter...

Only "big" items left are the stroller and car seat, but they are selected and we know where we're getting them so that will be easy and we don't have to do those now.

Comment

Originally posted by GeekCachet View Post

I do have a registry at Babies R Us (under Marybeth Stewart)
                          Did you include your full name here in the hopes that people on this board will send you something on your registry?

Comment

Originally posted by GeekCachet
                            Oh how funny. I added DS2000 to my Ignore list a couple of weeks ago and so I didn't even know that this nasty little accusation existed until just now when someone asked me who this DS2000 person was and why she clearly had some bug up her ass about me.

So, to answer the question and then restore the Ignore list:

No, I did not include my full name in the hopes that someone from this board would send me something from my registry. I included it because I believe at some point I mentioned that we created a registry not out of expectation for gifts but as our own inventory and shopping list. Since the title of this thread is "What do I buy?", I made reference to said shopping list so that we could fill in the blanks for what we hadn't thought of to purchase - or conversely for brand recommendations from anybody who might be helpful enough to review what we felt we needed and might be able to point out glaring omissions.

Uh huh. Interesting.

Comment

So the family from whom we bought the Stokke crib put many more things up on Craigs List but was nice enough to email me ahead of time...so I bought (for next to nothing) a changing tray and pad for on top of a dresser, and she gave me a huge bag of "stuff" - linens, unopened baby cosmetics (cream, powder, etc), waterproof pads, etc etc

Cooking along!

Comment

Yeah! Nice!!
                                Melanie in Valrico, FL, age 51
                                LapDS by Dr. Rabkin 10/19/99
                                Starting weight 299, now 148
                                Starting size 26/28, now 8

http://www.duodenalswitch.com/Patien.../melaniem.html

Direct replies: melanie@themagruders.com

Comment

Working...
                                X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.0.5: [Showing truncated query, original length: 4450] [First 500 chars] Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM vbcacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('node_41_lvl3data','node_9467_lvl1data','channelperms_1','vbRoutenew_4','vbRoutenew_home','vbRoutenew_13','vbRoutenew_register','vbRoutenew_14','vbRoutenew_lostpw','vbRoutenew_15','vbRoutenew_contact-us','vbRoutenew_16','vbRoutenew_help','vbRoutenew_17','vbRoutenew_profile','vbRoutenew_19','vbRoutenew_editphoto','vbRoutenew_20','vbRoutenew_advanced_search','vbRoutenew_21','vbRoutenew_online_details','vbRoutenew_22','vb [Last 500 chars] ,'node_119322_lvl3data','vBAtchmnts_119322','vbnodetext119342_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext_pre_119342_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext119467_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext_pre_119467_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext119470_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext_pre_119470_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d in /home/duodena/public_html/forum/core/vb/database.php on line 1201