Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Someone kick my butt in gear! I had been doing well with my eating protein first... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone kick my butt in gear! I had been doing well with my eating protein first...

until today. The only "lunch" TV dinner I had in the freezer left was a pasta dish.. I brought it, and against my better judgment ate it (it wasn't even very good).. and then I ate those small chocolate donuts.. which, also, were not very good..

What is wrong with me! Yeesh.

Well I will work to correct the rest of my day, and then back to my protein tomorrow...

Gah. Does anyone else have these off days?

I don't really get diarreah with many foods these days (only sometimes, and never with the same foods) - to the contrary, I am somewhat constipated so have invested in stool softeners.. sometimes I wish I knew what would send me into a spell, it'd save me some hassle Bloating, though, that's somewhat of another story.. We'll see how I fare today.. I will probably pay dearly for my stupid choices..
    Malia
    Post Op
    Surgery with Dr. Keshishian OPEN DS March 10, 2005
    277 starting weight as of the date of surgery.5' 10

having a bit of a bouncing rebound.. trying to lose the 15 lbs I found.

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
    Gah. Does anyone else have these off days?
    Of course.
    Janet in Reston
    DS 2/25/03
    Dr. Elariny
    Starting weight 320
    Current weight 157

Comment

I have these types of days more than I would care to admit
      Melinda (Mindy) from Maryland
      Lap BPD/DS 11/19/2002
      Dr. Hazem Elariny in VA

Comment

I stray from the straight and narrow occasionally. What I think is important is I don't continue down the wrong path, I get back to my basic healthy eating as soon as possible.

I really get ticked off with myself when the straying involves something that I didn't even enjoy.
        Mark in Webster NY
        Highest weight 626 BMI 80+
        Starting weight 596 BMI 78.6 August 2009
        Surgery weight 535 BMI 70.6 February 23, 2010
        Current weight 264 BMI 34.8 January 2012

found a new favorite store, LL Bean. I went in to buy a pair of fleece lined jeans (it's cold on the shores of Lake Ontario) and I first tried on a 42. Too loose. Tried a pair of 40 waist. Snug but comfortable. I've gone from a 72 to a 40. I litterally had tears in my eyes.

Comment

i have a big mac weakness

Comment

back on track today and doing well so far.. have only eaten chicken and cheese.

Though I did have a SF vanilla latte.. not nonfat (I suppose I SHOULD go nonfat, but eh)

However, HOLY COW - there are a LOT of carbs in BBQ sauce.. so I am using it sparingly today on my chicken. yikes

Glad to know I am not alone in my off days, even when I am trying to be good.. it wouldn;t have been so bad if my 'bad choices' at least tasted good LOL.. but they didn't so it was wasted. There was no meat in the pasta, nothing at all good in the donuts.. yeesh.
            Malia
            Post Op

Comment

There is no reason for you to go nonfat.

It's the carbs you need to watch, not the fat.

Comment

Yeah, my thinking was it has less calories.. which is why I haven't switched.. but I guess the carbs in milk are the carbs in milk.. I need to just cut out coffee altogether. I can't do the whole black coffee thing
                Malia
                Post Op

Comment

Pandora, you have had a DS. It works by malabsorbing fats. You don't have to worry about the calories from fat. You have to watch the calories from carbs.

And this type of extremism - like cutting out milk in coffee - is counterproductive and not necessary.

Comment

Malia - don't look at anything but carbohydrates. Don't count calories. Don't count fat.

Back to basics - high protein, low carb, more water.

I would never give up my full fat half and half.
                    Janet in Reston
                    DS 2/25/03
                    Dr. Elariny
                    Starting weight 320
                    Current weight 157

Comment

I get my coffee at a coffee shop.. so they make it with milk, but I have stayed with the 2%. I switched to sugar free, though.

It's somehow hard for me to wrap my head around it all after having years without concequences with weight for eating anything at all.. so now I am re-learning the eating process all over again and watching carbs... Well it seems like I am re-learning the process. Even though I did fine with my protein before, etc.. I still didn't have any weight consequences as a result of anything at all that I ate. Now I have to relearn my total focus, again.

my thinking was about the carbs in the milk, but in retrospect, I had a very low carb day yesterday.. so the milk in my coffee shouldn't hurt either way.

Thank you guys for keeping me on track and refocusing where I need to be! I appreciate it!
                      Malia
                      Post Op

Comment

Low carb doesn't mean no carb, or even extremely low carb.

Comment

I have been trying to keep it between 20-50.. is that too low?
                          Malia
                          Post Op

Comment

There is no set answer to that question. It varies for each of us. If you are losing weight (or staying stable if that's what you want) then the balance is right for you. It's a matter of trial and error. For me - I eat as much fat and protein as I want, I eat some fruit and vegetables and complex carbs, and I limit my simple carbs. I don't count amounts or calories, ever.

Comment

Yeah I need to get away from the counting of calories, etc. I am working on just watching my simple carbs.. I am having a difficult time losing the weight I have regained.. though, I have lost about 5 lbs.. I have been working out and such, so it seems as though it should be faster.. I guess it's just taking more time than it seems like it should.

I have decided to refocus my outlook, and focus on the being HEALTHY with my exercising as that is good for me.. and eat properly limiting my carbs.

It's a re-adjustment, because really, for 5 years no matter what I ate it made no difference at all.
                              Malia
                              Post Op

Comment

Working...
                              X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.0.5: [Showing truncated query, original length: 4203] [First 500 chars] Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM vbcacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('vB_CommonRoutes','node_37_lvl3data','node_9606_lvl1data','channelperms_1','vbRoutenew_38','vbRoutenew_activateemail','vbRoutenew_37','vbRoutenew_activateuser','vbRoutenew_25','vbRoutenew_admincp','vbRoutenew_119','vbRoutenew_20','vbRoutenew_advanced_search','vbRoutenew_29','vbRoutenew_album','vbRoutenew_31','vbRoutenew_blog','vbRoutenew_32','vbRoutenew_blogadmin','vbRoutenew_15','vbRoutenew_contact-us','vbRoutenew_39' [Last 500 chars] 120135_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext120146_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext_pre_120146_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext120148_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext_pre_120148_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext120152_4_0:e38af25796de1237119d539f36b5d806','vbnodetext_pre_120152_4_0:e38af25796de1237119 in /home/duodena/public_html/forum/core/vb/database.php on line 1201