X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Hot--didn't think it was possible

Almost 6 weeks post surgery -- made a BIG mistake yesterday. My husband was craving Chinese, so I tried some really hot chicken. The first 2 bites were GREAT, but soon after I swallowed the third I had to make a run for the porcelain god. I should have read all the posts about "hot" food.

Since I've been feeling so good, I lost my head and didn't add new foods slowly.

Tried coffee again today -- and no go! One sip and my tummy said 'this is not a good idea'. I'll wait another couple weeks and try again.

Sometimes it's just a crap shoot. I've eaten places and had everything ok, then oops. I haven't had any real problems now for several months, it's mostly those first few months. I have overstuffed and been very uncomfortable for an hr or so, but then it moves out and it's time to eat again. It takes time. It's a learning curve.
    Chris
    HW 225~SW 205~CW 139~GW 132 BMI 26.3
    DS - Dr Rabkin - Surgery 4/17/08
    PS in Monterrey Jan 13, 2011 with Dr Sauceda

Comment

I'm 22 days out and I have been adding hot sauce (the red, vinegary kind) and in a few instances, cayenne pepper to my food (in small amounts for the cayenne pepper.) I have been lucky and have not had problems from that as yet. I hope it stays that way.
      6'2", 45 years.
      Had DS surgery April 29th 2010
      [/COLOR]
      [

Comment

I don't see why you need to play Truth Or Dare with your digestive system only 22 days out. This is not a game. I really think you should go easy for a while and not tempt fate. Surely you can live without spicy food for a couple of months. You are still healing.

Comment

Working...
        X