X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you eat today (thursday)?

Anyone care to participate, I'd love to see and discuss dailies.
    ________
    Yamaha raptor 700r history
    Last edited by girl81; April 4th, 2011, 01:32 AM.

They do this daily on OH.

Comment

Go

I post on this board b/c they booted a very nice lady off of that board.
      ________
      Pov masturbatio
      Last edited by girl81; April 4th, 2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Breakfast: Protein Bar (Snickers; my favorite)
        Lunch: Roy Rogers Roast Beef sandwich, 1/2 small order of fries
        Snack: Lemon bar
        Dinner: Fish sticks with cocktail sauce, mozzarella sticks
        Snack: 1/3C rice pudding

I'll probably have a bowl of raisin bran with milk before I go to bed.
        Lots of fluids throughout the day, too, and all my supplements, of course.

Comment

Forget breakfast, lunch, dinner. I just number them. They are about an hour or two apart.

1. oatmeal with lots of lactaid milk
          2. half a whole wheat english muffin heaped with peanut butter and j
          3. 1/8 of a large chicken pot pie, no crust, heavy on the chicken
          4. 1/2 c stonyfield farms yogurt (the only supermarket yogurt without the fillers that give me gas)
          5. 3 slices pepper jack cheese and crackers, 1/2 c split pea soup heavy on the ham
          4. trail mix
          5. 3 wafer cookies
          6. 2 slices corned beef, 1/2 potato, carrot, cabbage
          7. 1/2 c ice cream with 2 oatmeal cookies
          8. probably another bowl of split pea soup
          9. middle of the night, kashi trail mix bar

Had all my supplements and lots of water.

Comment

I really need to get back on the Fitday wagon, as I'm giving in to the sugar monster way too much lately. Darn you, Halloween!!!

Breakfast: Corn flakes w/ milk and banana

Snack: waffle w/ butter and syrup (gave into temptation after making them for my daughter's breakfast!)

Lunch: 1/2 McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich w/ 1/2 order fries

Snack: Snickers bar (yes, full-size!)

Dinner: Chik-fil-A sandwich and fries; small ice dream

Normally, I wouldn't have fast food twice in a day, but today was "spirit" night at Chick-fil-A for my daughter's school, so I relented and took her.
            Melanie in Valrico, FL, age 51
            LapDS by Dr. Rabkin 10/19/99
            Starting weight 299, now 148
            Starting size 26/28, now 8

http://www.duodenalswitch.com/Patien.../melaniem.html

Direct replies: melanie@themagruders.com

Comment

Breakfast
              supplements
              everything bagel with lots of cream cheese
              coffee w/ pralines & cream creamer
              Lunch
              2 hot pockets
              green tea latte (10 g protein)

Dinner
              spinach salad
              3 oz salmon
              3 or 4 oz filet/tenderloin
              1/3 cup mashed potato
              1/2 cup green beans
              1 slice pound cake (about 1/2 inch thick), 2 TBSP whipped cream

bedtime snack will be 2 cups latose free milk
              eng muffin with lots of peanut butter
              supplements
              JB

Comment

I'll post mine because I was good!

beef jerky
                beef stew
                salmon patties
                white chili

Comment

Originally posted by Melanie M
                  Snack: Snickers bar (yes, full-size!)
                  Heh. When the "candy monster" strikes in the grocery store checkout line, it's always a Snickers Bar or PayDay Bar. The numbers on these (plenty of fat, a not-insubstantial protein count) make them some of the best choices in the candy rack! If I buy a bag of "fun size" candy bars, meaning to parcel them out one or two a day, it never works! I parcel them out one or two every 15 minutes or something until the whole bag is gone! Lol. I'm much better off caving to the temptation of a full-size candy bar a couple of times a month than I would be buying the bags of fun-size bars!

And I'm safe from Halloween candy, now that all the Tootsie Rolls are gone! Lol. Don't know what it is about those darned things! I know they're horrible for me, they don't even have any fat! (Or very, very little). They're pretty much pure sugar! But I'm powerless over them!

Comment

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast -- coffee to wake up
                    2 16-oz glasses of crytal lite orange (one with added fiber boost)
                    bagel with cream cheese and lox (hollowed out full-size bagel)

Snack -- yogurt and 1/2 tuna sandwich (about an hour apart)

Lunch -- Marie Callendar's meat loaf dinner

Snack -- 1/2 can of split pea soup and salad with lots of cheese (about an hour apart)

Dinner -- breaded & fried chicken breast with left over fetticini alfredo and green beans

Evening -- banana, a handful of Dove Dark Chocolate, and then some Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies (need my sugar fix).

I've finally cut out ice cream (and have lost about 5 pounds just by cutting the ice cream). Think I might be slightly lactose intolerant

Of course all my supplements and at least 72 oz of water.
                    Janet in Reston
                    DS 2/25/03
                    Dr. Elariny
                    Starting weight 320
                    Current weight 157

Comment

It stretches with time, always remember the malabsorptive component of the surgery. The further out you get the more you can drink and eat.
                      DS with Dr. Aniceto Baltsar Alcoy, Spain
                      December 11, 2007 390 #'s
                      January 1, 2008 352
                      February 6, 2008 325
                      March 6, 2008 310
                      April 1, 2008 293
                      April 7, 2008 290 .............100#'s lost
                      May 12, 2008 265................125#'s
                      June 26, 2008 249.................141#'s
                      July 10, 2008 240.................150#'s
                      August 5, 2008 227..................163#'s
                      Sept 5, 2008 218....................172#'s
                      October 21, 2008 205....................185#'s
                      December 11,2008 203....................187#'s 1year
                      January 1, 2009 200....................190#'s
                      July 27, 2010 195-198...............

Comment

Originally posted by rexanne32
                        how were you able to drink all that crystal lite at breakfast plus the coffee? I thought with the DS your stomach could only hold 4-7 oz?
                        I also pee alot in the morning and this is over at least a 2-hour period. I'm also more than 5 years out from my DS. At the beginning it holds 4-7 oz but like Mike said, over the years it stretches (just like before surgery). I basically eat like a "normal" person. I can eat a whole marie callendars frozen dinner or for lunch I can eat a whole sandwhich (most days) and chips or soup. The other night I went out to dinner with friends. Had a salad (ate 1/2 of it) plus 2 small pieces of bread slathered with butter (me bad). Then dinner came -- 10 oz steak with garlic mashed potatoes. Ate about half steak and potatoes. Ah, leftovers -- my milddle name.

I'm amazed at how much I eat but I've maintained my weight for almost 3 years. Some days I can eat alot, some days not so much. Just depends.
                        Janet in Reston
                        DS 2/25/03
                        Dr. Elariny
                        Starting weight 320
                        Current weight 157

Comment

Originally posted by jpcello View Post
                          I also pee alot in the morning ...... At the beginning it holds 4-7 oz but like Mike said, over the years it stretches (just like before surgery). I basically eat like a "normal" person. I can eat a whole marie callendars frozen dinner or for lunch I can eat a whole sandwhich (most days) and chips or soup. The other night I went out to dinner with friends. Had a salad (ate 1/2 of it) plus 2 small pieces of bread slathered with butter......
                          Thought I would put my 2 cents in........I am 7 years Post-op and read the above post and thought "that sounds so familiar". I use to think that way, up until this last year. I had maintained at 140 until last year and then the scale started to creep up. Alarmed I "refreshed" my knowledge on the surgery and how to "eat". Carbs - some how I missed that our bodies don't by-pass any of them! So - I have returned to pretty much all protein and the weight immediately started to stabilize! (Also got that off Melanie's bio - thanks!)

So - I ate (Friday) Cottage cheese for breakfast (1 cup), 6 oz of tuna with 1 egg for lunch, and 2 slices of pizza for dinner. Ok the pizza was NOT in the plan - so don't follow that advice. I really try to eat a lot of protein for breakfast and lunch.

Mileah
                          12/05/2000 - DS Open
                          304 / 148
                          52/25 BMI

Comment

updates for Joanne

Joann had asked that we keep posting in this thread to give her hope that real food will come back to her one day.
                            Yesterday I ate:
                            B: English muffin with one egg and 3 slices american cheese. coffee
                            L: 2 (yep 2!!) double cheeseburgers from McDonald's & diet coke
                            D: Grilled Chicken from Wendy's (OK, that's unusual for me to have 2 fast food things in one day)
                            S: Hershey's bar (hm... a bad trend that day!)
                            S: 3 oz chedder cheese with about 6 keebler club crackers, fresca
                            S: 2 slices toast with 3 TBSP peanut butter. 1 1/2 cups lactaid milk

SO the fast food stuff and the hershey's bar are realy unusual for me, but the volume of food is not. I have peanut butter every night for extra protein and fat.
                            JB

Comment

Today so far I've had:

Breakfast (before 6AM):
                              Several cups of coffee
                              2 16-oz glasses of crystal lite (one with my fiber the other will my vitamins)
                              2 eggs
                              1 slice american cheese
                              4 slices bacon
                              1 toasted croussand (can never spell this)

Mid-morning snack (I had my infusion this morning so they ordered me breakfast at the hospital)
                              Hollowed out bagel with fake eggs (would have preferred oatmeal)

Lunch
                              Left over chinese food from yesterday (a couple of dumplings, egg drop soup and some mongolian beef)

Mid afternoon snack
                              2 more dumpling

Dinner
                              Gonna be leftover chicken with smashed potatoes

Evening snack
                              banana post dinner
                              couple of slices of cheese (every night)
                              about 8 little cookies and a glass of milk

Night night
                              Janet in Reston
                              DS 2/25/03
                              Dr. Elariny
                              Starting weight 320
                              Current weight 157

Comment

Working...
                              X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.0.5: [Showing truncated query, original length: 2678] [First 500 chars] Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ SELECT * FROM vbcacheevent WHERE cacheid IN ('vB_CommonRoutes','node_37_lvl3data','node_7572_lvl1data','channelperms_1','vbRoutenew_38','vbRoutenew_activateemail','vbRoutenew_37','vbRoutenew_activateuser','vbRoutenew_25','vbRoutenew_admincp','vbRoutenew_119','vbRoutenew_20','vbRoutenew_advanced_search','vbRoutenew_29','vbRoutenew_album','vbRoutenew_31','vbRoutenew_blog','vbRoutenew_32','vbRoutenew_blogadmin','vbRoutenew_15','vbRoutenew_contact-us','vbRoutenew_39' [Last 500 chars] B_UserPerms2855','channelperms_17','channelperms_6','channelperms_13','vB_UserPerms2','channelperms_16','vB_UserPerms3115','vB_UserPerms1033','vB_UserPerms3887','vBUserRep_2','vB_UserPerms102','vBUserRep_102','vB_UserPerms869','vBUserRep_869','vBUserRep_1033','vB_UserPerms1417','vBUserRep_1417','vB_UserPerms2474','vBUserRep_2474','vBUserRep_2855','vBUserRep_3115','vBUserRep_3887 in /home/duodena/public_html/forum/core/vb/database.php on line 1201